The low-down on the Zeitz MOCAA, quirky cross-stitch messages that will make you smile, an inspiring TED Talk by South African conservationist Boyd Varty, great insights from remarkable parents, and an easy, delicious chicken recipe …. these are a few e things which caught my eye on the Web this week.
- Everyone is talking about the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) which opened in Cape Town recently. I loved seeing Thomas Heatherwick’s other innovative projects and was relieved to read a balanced piece about this contemporary, controversial art space.
- Oprah’s obsession with her garden is the best thing on the internet.
- Did you catch these hilarious 21st Century cross-stitch messages? Number 5 is my best.
- 10 insights of remarkable parents …. from a family therapist. This one resonated with me a lot: Know when to talk and when to listen.
- Wildlife activist Boyd Varty’s TED talk, What I learned from Nelson Mandela is feel-good stuff.
- This delicious Soy Teriyaki Chicken recipe from NOMU has only five ingredients …. my kinda weeknight supper dish.
- What the heck is wrong with being ambitious if you’re a woman? Just ask Reece Withspoon. Just love this!
- These books helped one woman who was grieving for her collapsed marriage and dying father.
- The Manor House at Mont Rochelle, a luxury hotel in Franchhoek, is Sir Richard Branson’s winelands retreat. Take a look …
This gorgeous undersea photograph by author, poet and ‘picturer’ Helen Walne accompanies her poignant essay on her journey to becoming a cold-water swimmer …