I found these reads riveting on the Web this week. Take a look at my selection.
- I don’t know about you, but #I’mStillWithHer. This week Hillary Clinton turned 70 and was honoured with the first Women’s Media Awards Wonder Woman Award. She accepted the award on behalf of the “tens of millions of Wonder Women out there who get up every day and often against seemingly insurmountable odds, stand up for what they care about, what they love, what they are: dignity, freedom.”
- This clever Burger King ad tackling teen bullying went viral – did you catch it? Plus, how to help bullied children build resilience and successfully overcome the traumatic experience.
- I really want this feisty warrior girl on my team!
- These mini chicken pies are perfect for a casual weeknight supper. Yum.
- Do you get regular doses of solitude? Here computer science professor Cal Newport argues why being alone with your thoughts is good for you.
- I love these chic crossbody bags from Ines de la Fressange. This one has my name on it.
- Have you read about Swedish Death Cleaning? It’s the new decluttering trend sparked by a book, The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Manusson. I somehow don’t think it will go down well in our household!
- Stefan Draschan frequents art museums to photograph that one-in-a-million moment when a museum goer’s outfit coordinates with the art on the wall! Draschan has called his series of photographs, People Matching Artworks, chronicling it on Tumblr and Instagram, where he also reveals the museums he visits. Uncanny.
- Would you like to sleep over in a Paris bookshop?
- Last but not least, feisty Cate Blanchett accepted a Style Icon Award this week at the InStyle Awards, saying women should be able to wear whatever they wanted to without being judged. She put it a little differently, though! Viva, Cate!
The PHOTOGRAPH above is of one of Cape Town journalist-turned-ecopreneur Melanie Farrell’s vertical garden pallets. Read my blog post about how she turned her quest to live a simpler, greener life into a business and her plans for uniting like-minded people through an initiative called Green Route Cape Town.
Have a great weekend! Sx